Willing to transfer the ownership of the farm animal to someone else? The livestock bill of sale form is something that is going to execute the same task for yourself. This bill of sale facilitates the sale of livestock such as the cow, buffalo, bulls, etc to the new buyer. This bill is mandatory in order to execute all types of livestock sales across the USA. Here in the article ahead, you can explore the other information of the bill along with its printable template.
The bill of sale is one of the commonly used bills of sale in the farming context. The bill is essential as it contains all the information relating to the sale of the livestock from the seller to the buyer. It also works as the legal proof of ownership transfer from one individual to other. So, if you are planning to sell any livestock then you will definitely need this particular bill of sale for yourself.
Livestock Bill of Sale Form
As we know that the bill of sale is only associated with the sale of farming animals across the country. So, you will typically need this bill of sale while transferring the ownership of the livestock. This transfer of the ownership could be either out of the general sale or the donation as well.
The bill works as proof of ownership and is highly mandatory by the Animal Protection Act as well. You can produce the bill of sale for the typical farm animals such as cows, goats, chickens, buffalo, sheep, bulls, etc. The bill includes the following details regarding the livestock and the parties in the sale.
- Name of Seller/Buyer
- Date of Sale
- Name of Livestock Animal
- Addresses of Seller/Buyers
- Other Description of Livestock such as Age, Gender, Health, Vaccination, Sickness, etc.
- Final Sale Price
- Advance Deposit
- Inspection Details
- Final Signature of Seller/Buyer
All of these are the standard information for the bill of sale. These are highly significant details therefore seller has to make sure to fill in all these details.
Dos and Don’ts in the Course of Selling Livestock
Well, the sale of livestock is not the sale of any other objects rather it’s the sale of the living animals. So, the integrity of the seller/buyer plays a big role here. Remember all the animals trust us for their well being therefore we must show some accountability for ourselves.
Livestock Bill of Sale Form Template
Here below are some Dos and Don’ts that should be kept in the mind during the sale of livestock.
- Be super honest and never hide any information in the context of the sale especially regarding the health of the livestock.
- Offer a reasonable price for sale so that buyers can happily take custody of livestock.
- Provide ample inspection time and opportunity to the buyer.
- Prepare a decent portfolio of the livestock to provide all the details of livestock.
- You should also re-list the sale of livestock in case if it remains unsolved after a period of time.
- Never exaggerate that doesn’t exist in the livestock that could mislead the buyer or get into the fake impression.
- It’s advisable to sell only the old or the highly sick animals that are beyond the cure.
- Don’t charge the Adhoc price for the sale from the innocent buyers
- Don’t sell the livestock to any such person who can’t take care of it subsequently due to the lack of means or knowledge.
- Never escape from providing the legal bill of sale to the buyer.